Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sometimes The Universe Shows Us Something Different

I rose at 2am this morning. I drove two hours to Bethany Beach, Delaware.  

 I had gone there to meditate while watching the sun rise over the ocean.  Cold and cloudy but a sense of anticipation the sun slowly made its way behind the clouds on the horizon.  “Why am I here I chanted, show me pure spirit and steadfast beauty to pattern my life going forward.”  I rose from the bench on the boardwalk semi-disappointed by the lack of orb-like sun rise, but then, just like the universe the reason I was there was clear.  

I went to the WaWa to get some coffee before driving home to rest and meditate.  While pouring cream and sweet and low in my coffee cup.  A 6’ 7” man with an angelic peace about him crossed my arm to get his bottled water he had on the table where the coffee lids were.  I said to him that I had driven at 2am from Elkton Maryland to watch the sun rise and needed coffee before driving back.  He said to me “So how was it?”, His sandy brown hair, peaceful eyes, brown beard, a man in his late 20’s looked intently for my answer.  I replied, “Kinda disappointing to be honest, too many clouds.” He replied, “You should have seen the sunset last night.  His tall frame and fit body with a steadfast smooth voice which calmed my spirit made everything OK.  I asked if he was local. He replied, well,” I’m from New Jersey”, I asked what part and he said, have you ever heard of Deptford, to which I replied, “Yes, I grew up in Berlin”, He smiled and said, “Oh, then I’m from  Blackwood”,  to which I replied,” I knew Blackwood well.“ I said, “Wow you have a journey to go to work.” He said “I work at a bottling plant near here and live down here during the week and go home on the weekend.” 

His tone, texture and peace in every word he said was so calming to my spirit.  I then said, “My name is Ron and it has been a pleasure meeting you.” He smiled and accepted my handshake with his had that was so much bigger than mine that I felt like a child in comparison. He said, “My name is Joe.”  I felt so calm from his handshake which was strong and reassuring.  He then purchased his water and walked out the door.  I felt so attracted to the confidence of this man and the sureness of his manner.  I got in my car, drank my coffee.  As I sat there, I grinned at the universe for putting the desire to watch the rising sun, when all along it was to meet Joe.  I was ordained by the universe to see a person totally at peace with his live and glowing from within like an Angel , when this was what I had been meditating about shivering in the cold on the boardwalk regarding my own life.  The fact that he was from two towns over from where I grew up was confirmation that. How amazing the universe is in action to put Joe at that WaWa at exactly that moment, to reach for his water across my arm while I reached for a coffee lid, the odds are insurmountable but only the universe can cause these things to occur.  

I wanted to be with Joe having seen his overwhelming peace. His overwhelming calm and surety but I was simply to meet to see what I desired as reality in someone else. How perfect when you desire something does it come along at just the right time. 

Thank you Universe for the long early morning trip and the wonderful timing and clarity of Joe. Bring a blessing to his path. Indeed, I am confident of the universal timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment