Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tale of Three Stones and a Rock


A man released three stones. One stone was released down a deep well and when it connected with the water below is made a deep sound and ripple that quickly reached the narrow circumference splashing on the bricks of its universe and returning to normal.
                  
Another stone was released in a shallow bank crashing to the bottom and because of the shallow nature of its destination the ripple only vibrated a few feet from impact.

Still a third stone was skipped upon the surface barely touching the surface making only single ringlets with each impact zone.

As the rock stood firm in the middle of his river splitting the powerful current pressing upon his steadfast frame, he laughed at the futility of the three stones.

Sitting along the bank of this mighty stone a man that had been the instrument of release of these three stones staring upon this rock began to cry a tear of enlightenment. Said the rock to the man, “Why are you crying? Did your futility of your three stones leave you empty?”  The man stood up and walked out to the mighty rock steadfast and sure and said, “No my friend. I am not said for the journey of my three stones, I was crying realizing that you have been stuck in the same spot all these years since I placed you here many years ago. I had thought that you would make an impact that mattered in the whole of time.” The rock, confused said, “But I have been so consistent in always standing firm and causing the rippling of this river giving it movement.”  Said the man in reply to the rock, “That is exactly my point, in the years since I placed you here, all you have done is stopped the progression of the flow that was meant to be. Thank you rock for showing me that in my own life how my unwillingness to change in the overwhelming force of the flow of the universe is futile. Sure I did drop the stone in the well and it yielded a limited impact. I then dropped the stone in a shallow bank and it was hardly made any impact.  And skipping the last stone hardly got the experience of being in the water at all.  But I kept trying new things to find the vibrational flow and left you here stuck in the same steadfast place all these years. I’m sorry.”

The rock realizing that his life’s purpose that he believed to be his destiny was not, began to release a vibrational shake. Responding to the man, “But while you were going around tossing stones, I have inspired many with my power and beauty.  For while you were gone many saw the ripples in my wake of this overwhelming flow and even took pictures of me.  How can you say that I am not in the correct flow?”  The man having meditated on this for days said to the rock, “It is not you in this river that makes me sad, but my unwillingness to place you in the right place.” Rock confused said, “What do  you mean?” – Man leaning down to rock, said “Rock when I placed you hear many years ago, it was not where I was given a vision for you to be, but being young and impatient, sore from carrying you, dropped you in the bank where I dropped you.  I had a very clear vision of placing you in the next bank just around the bend where you would have been part of a group of other rocks that would have been a breath taking creation that you were destined to be part of, but it is I who have failed to carry you just a few yards further.”
“I rock being young and inexperienced just wanted to move on to the next thing in my life instead of completing one mission at a time.  So no matter how many things I tried, I always have come back to you, my misplaced, uncompleted task. For years even I tried to justify where I left you. Even you believed that you were in the right flow, but it was I who let you down.  Can you ever forgive me?”  Rock with a joyful smile said, “You are wrong, although you left me here all these years, you finally fulfilled my purpose in your life.” Man confused by Rock’s statement said, “What?”  Rock continued, “Don’t you see, I was there in your mind all through your life, reminding you that you should not settle for less then what the universe wanted for you. I was there every time you tossed a stone attempting to find your flow. But it is only when you came back here to me, that you now can see, that not being in the right flow at all times, leaves you empty.  So, stop your tears, lift me up now and place me in the bank you envisioned all those years ago.  Then look upon me completed as the universe intended.”

The Man realizing the wisdom of this missed placed rock, lifted him and carried him across the river, over the other bank and then just where he had been shown, he placed the rock in the very spot he was meant to be.  Rock said to man, “There, now stand back and watch the perfection of this completion.  Man returned to the bank and as he looked upon the one missing piece that rock was meant to participate in, the rippled moving water was truly a masterpiece.  Rock then shouted to man, “You see, by completing this, you can now always seek to fulfill your destiny and not settle for anything less leaving you wanting and casting stones in the wrong places any more. Go and live forever in the flow of your destiny. BE Truly Well my friend. For I was never sad being in the other stream, I knew you would one day you would move me to where I belonged, I had faith in you, and so should you. Go and live in the flow for there is no other place you should be and never settle for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment