Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Pangs Reveal Thy Cause Written by: Ron Brown Photo by: Keith Davenport



So many are the times when a pull within tugs with negative effect.
Is it a fear of failure?
Is it a fear of success?
Is it angst from an unresolved issue not explored?

Many are the bumps on life’s journey. But ignoring the check engine light of our very being that lights up each time you turn the car on – eventually it will cause you to stop.
Find strength within to explore the very pangs that at first tug upon your pant leg like a child requiring attention.
IF you choose to ignore it, the universe will let you continue but now the pang is more like being pushed losing your footing and even stumbling.
IF you choose to ignore it again, then you might find yourself tripping landing face down on rough ground with lacerations and much pain.

When you feel the pang the first time, it is usually the universe pointing out something requiring your attention.  It is best to listen so that with minimal course correction you can reveal its cause and find your journey not only running more smoothly in the flow of our universal truth.

When I was in basic training long ago, we had to go through an obstacle course. I recall the pyramid of metal barrels the most.  For I twisted my ankle on one of the barrels while trying to climb it the first time.  I choose to ignore the pain – and couldn’t get over the barrels correctly.  The drill sergeant didn’t care about my pain in the ankle but he said something – I will never forget and even treasure today “Airman, I don’t care how much this obstacle hurts you, but until you get it right  -- you can’t move on to the next obstacle awaiting you and you’ll never get where you’re going.”

I remember first thinking with the pain of a twisted ankle – “where is this guy’s compassion?” But then I got up off my ass and not only completed the barrels but the rest of the obstacle course without having to repeat any of the steps.  That night in the barracks my ankle swell but more importantly my soul – swelled with pride of learning a truly valuable life lesson.

Life and your journey in or out of harmony with your embryonic truth written within your very being before you drew your first breath.  Heed the tugging, nay pangs that require your attention or repeat the obstacles with more difficulty so you can get where you’re going.  Why should we repeat obstacles when they serve only to let us arrive to our destination?

BE Truly Well, face the pangs and obstacles with joy not fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment