Thursday, July 28, 2011

In The Valley of Thirst



Written By: Ron Brown
Photo by: Keith Davenport


Each step draws me toward the river of refreshing flow.
Knees buckling from the weary weight of longing.
I craw to find the taste of refreshing flow.
Then as my hands reach down to the cool flow of life, I see looking back at me a man in need.
As cupped hands bring refreshing taste and life giving fill, the shimmering waves of my motion shake my image to the core.
What have I, what am I, and why am I?
The path I chose alone has left me hallow, dehydrated from affection and touch.
Laying back after receiving the life giving hydration, tears of reality stream down the sides of my face.
As I rolled over and took a glaring look of my reflection.
Who are you and what did you want?
It was then, unexpectedly I heard his voice.
You are beautiful, you are love and desire.
Who said that?
Then replied the reflection I am you.
Go forth from here and choose the path of connection along my banks me always there.
I have a gift for you.
What is it?
I give you, you. Not the outward looks you have had till now.
No what I give you is desire to belong, to feel and find.
What is it I will find?
Why the real you of course.
I must be mad speaking to my reflection.
Then as if the words of the universe, he replied, “I am the real you who has always been there.”
The one who wants you to find the place and hope you have always had.
Smiling at my reflection, I saw a glow like never before, I saw for the first time the real me.
Thank you I replied.
Then as if by grace he replied, now go and feel, connect and find hope where there is only despair.
Find life where you had only saw sameness.
Find yearning where there was only lack.
And find me, yes me the real you who always wanted to be heard.
But who are you really?
He replied, “Why I am your longing, now go and make us complete.”
As I rose from the river bank, with lightness in my step, I found it.
What was it, why it was purpose and desire there all along, but now connected to my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment