Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Rambling “I AM” Challenge….SET YOURSELF FREE..


 The Rambling “I AM” Challenge…. SET YOURSELF FREE..
 By: Ron Brown

I have a challenge for each of you.  Record audio or video for yourself the following. The exercise is called "The Rambling I AM" -  For 10 minutes or more with no stopping to take a breath.  Say I AM  and keep it going about what you are. Let it fly. first the good stuff will fly out your mouth, but then the insecurities will come out. There you will find the invalid beliefs that limit you
 
The Rambling "I AM" Challenge. The following exercise is exceptionally helpful to get to the root of your disempowering beliefs that you have about yourself...    SO many of us have hidden things that seem to strike like a snake and dis-empower our progress. This exercise will help uncover these....

The only way to remove the fangs of a poisonous thought is to uncover it - Then Remove the fangs and venom..... You must record this either on Video or tape it to be played back over and over again to confront the invalid dis-empowering snakes ....

First, find a place where you can do this alone and without interruptions of any kind.... Now, here is the task.... You must start with the phrase - " I AM..."   Then for at least 10 minutes straight you must say ANY

Things that come to mind.. You might start out with the valid ones like “I AM a Dad, I am a Good Husband, I AM a Great Father… But keep them coming… Soon you will hear the hidden below the surface snake beliefs that hiss in the background and strike when you least expect them.

You might say – “I AM a failure” or “I AM Not strong” – Just keep them coming don’t stop no matter what until you run out of all thoughts. When you exhaust all possible “I AMs” after at least 10 minutes.  Stop the recording.  Then go for a walk.  Note how you feel.  I bet weak. This is good. For you have exposed your “Achilles heel”… Good.. for only confronting these INVALID thoughts can they be confronted, invalidated and removed.

Now, after your walk, listen or watch the recording. The first part that you are proud of is good, But watch for when the invalid I AMs occur.  Stop after each invalid one – Ask yourself – Where did that come from? – how did I come to believe this? Then Write down an empowering alternative –

For example if your “I AM” is “I AM Stupid” – write down “I AM becoming aware every day of new things that I am learning. I AM constantly learning new things.”

Once you do this for all your invalid beliefs.  Read over the NEW empowering validation statements together – Record them.  Listen back to just those  10 times in a row.  Don’t feel Silly, just do it.  As you listen to them – close your eyes and see them as truth.

Then when you are done, take that same walk and notice how much more powerful and light you feel.  For you have removed the venom and fangs from the Snake of dis-empowering doubts. Walk in the new light of YOU.

BECOME -- BE Truly Well.

No comments:

Post a Comment