Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Path of a Different Kind BY: Ron Brown




Sun rays find the peach skin of Mary with a massage of heat as she lay on the beach of contentment. Her darkened sunglasses keeping harm from her eyes. As breaths of the welcoming air fill her lungs a baited release of air accompanying the tracks of tears streaming down her cheeks. Flashes appear in her mind of last night and the path which lead her to be upon this beach alone. Tender kisses upon her neck from Roberto, the pressing of her arms against the wall of the hotel room. Desire, lust and purpose whirling through her mind as he found his way to the nape of her neck with tender kisses and nibbles that only he could deliver.

Mary’s sigh released upon the warm beach as her mind continues to flash back to last night. Roberto’s touch upon the small of her back as he led her to the bed caused quivering to her frame. Feeling the heat of his chest as he lay upon her enveloping her every sense with pleasure she had waited a life time to experience.

The sound of a seagull brings her back to the beach and with a swipe of her hand the tears were wiped away. She rose to her feet quickly taking the towel in her arm, she moved slowly away from the sound of the crashing surf. A flash again in her mind brought her to the shower after pleasure’s release last night. Roberto washing her back tenderly as kisses of a life time continued to be exchanged. She stops and drops the towel, drops to her knees and whimpers “oh Roberto” releasing a flow of emotions that the wait of her frame could not contain.

Flashes of Roberto drying off his very manly frame came to mind. She watched on as he slipped into his very tight jeans and grabbed the keys from the night stand. His words with a haunting echo pierced her mind, “Mary, I’ll be right back my amore.” Then the door closing behind him and the sound of crashing cars and red lights flashing filled her mind. Seeing in her mind she saw the blood upon the pavement and her fainting upon the pavement. The crowd still visible in her eyes she called out for Roberto. No answer was heard.

She only remembered waking up on the beach. “Oh God”, she cried out, “why am I here and is Roberto dead? Then a hand reached down to her as she was curled into a ball on the beach. A hand touches her shoulder as a man’s voice with a heavy Latin accent said, “Mary” as her eyes looked up, she saw those rich brown eyes of Roberto. She said, “Roberto, you’re alive”. Roberto with a full smile upon his face helped her to her feet. “Mary, I told you I’d be back my sweet amore”. Mary holding on to him and kissing his sweet lips, said “But how? You, you were in that car accident and all the blood.” Roberto saying only “shhhhh, me amore” lead her back to the hotel room. Mary, looking at Roberto, said “I don’t understand. How can you be here? I saw you die.”

Roberto holding her close said, “Mary, you don’t remember do you?” Mary said, “what, tell me.” Roberto said “I did die last night. And you did see my blood on the pavement. But Mary, do you remember falling to the pavement last night?” Mary said, “Yeah, I do.” Roberto replied, “My sweet Mary, your love for me is real, yes?” Mary replied, “You know I do my darling, but I don’t understand?” “Mary, when you fell on the pavement, you hit your head.” Roberto replied.

“Mary, you are not really here. You are in the hospital. Come on I will show you.” Taking Mary’s hand a bright flash occurred and suddenly they were in a hospital room where a women lay in a hospital bed with her head bandaged. “Mary, that is you”, Roberto replied. “You went into a coma a month ago.” Mary responded, but Roberto, that happened last night.” Roberto, said “No Mary you have been in a coma for a month now.” I am here to help you wake from the coma. I love you Mary and want you to live.” Mary replied, “But, Roberto, why aren’t you in my hospital room?” Running his manly fingers through her hair and kissing her lips, Roberto said, “Me amore, I can’t be there, I am here with you now.” Mary said, “I don’t understand.” Roberto looking into her eyes holding her head with his hands, gazed into her eyes and said, “Mary, you know I am so in love with you, but I didn’t survive that car accident, you did. I asked the angels to let me help you to come out of your coma.” Mary, holding on to Roberto, said, “if waking from that coma means I lose you, then I don’t want to ever wake up.”

Roberto holding her tightly said, “you don’t understand. Our love will go on. Remember our night of true passion in the hotel room?” Mary replied, “Oh yes. I never felt so complete as a women. That is why I don’t want to leave you.” Roberto, with a smile said, “me amore, that night of passion was truly magical. In fact, do you see you laying in that hospital bed?” Mary said, “Yes, but I want to stay here with you.” Roberto said, “Mary, you can’t. You see that night of passion was truly worth my life. In fact, you have our baby growing in your womb. If you don’t wake up the fruit of our love might never be born.” Mary, with tears in her eyes said, “I’m pregnant with our baby?” Roberto said, “Mary, yes, you are carrying our son. So you see if you don’t wake up from your coma, then our son will never be born. For me, Mary, me amore, wake up and raise our child.”

The sound of a heart monitor became sharp in Mary’s ear and then her eyes opened to see a nurse standing over her. “Roberto!” Mary said. The nurse looking puzzled, said, “I’m Barbara your nurse, welcome back.” Mary said, “Where is Roberto?” As Mary looked to the window she saw a light slowly moving away rising upward. In her mind she could hear an echoing voice saying, “Mary, me amore love our baby and in doing so you will be showing your love for me”.

The nurse holding Mary’s hand said, “Mary, I’m sorry Roberto isn’t here.” Mary smiling with a tear in her eye replied, “I know.” Her hand moved across her stomach as if to caress their son, said, “I know.”

No comments:

Post a Comment